Flat Roof Membrane Leak Detection
Flat roofs can develop leaks for a large variety of reasons and at any point in their lifespan. Workers can accidentally (and unknowingly) pierce a roof’s waterproof membrane even before construction is completed. Extreme weather, poor design and poor construction can all conspire to create leaks. These leaks are often too small to spot with the naked eye, yet if left can cause substantial damage to a building’s structure in no time at all.
Locating leaks in flat roofs at the earliest opportunity simply makes sense. It allows for repairs to be made before it’s too late. Atlantic Leak Detection utilizes the latest in scientific electronic technology to pinpoint these flat roof leaks.
We offer two types of Flat (and low slope) Roof Membrane Electronic Leak Detection.
- ALD LV – Atlantic Leak Detection’s Low Voltage method commonly referred to as Electronic Field Vector Mapping pinpoints leaks under wet conditions using Low Voltage Technology. Our technology utilizes the conductive properties of water to allow the technician to locate the source or origin of a leak. This technology has been in the roofing industry for the last 40 years.
- ALD HV – Atlantic Leak Detection’s High Voltage method detects leaks under dry conditions. This HV method relies on passing a current in the form of a high voltage arc, between the membrane surface and the building’s structure, via pinholes, punctures or failed laps
Both methods are designed to locate leaks in flat roof membranes such as:
- Modified Bitumen
- Liquid Applied Roofs
- Built Up Felt
- Hot Melt Systems
NOTE: Our Equipment Does Not Work On EPDM. EPDM Contains a Carbon Filler Which Is Conductive
In addition to our roof membrane leak detection services, we offer:
- Annual preventative maintenance programs, performing leak and integrity testing.
- Patented and permanent 24 hour, 7 day a week leak detection monitoring systems.
- ConDuct™ Mesh sales and installation (creates the ability to perform Electronic Leak Detection at any time in the future regardless of any overburden/amenity space installed. ConDuct™ Mesh must be installed prior to the insulation, drainage mat and waterproof membrane)
For further information and our testing specification please visit us online at www.AtlanticLeak.com or call us at 888-696-6429