Concrete Scanning is non-invasive method regularly applied to examine concrete structures such as walls, floors, columns and bridges.
Concrete scanning has great advantage over more traditional invasive methods including:
- Capability of greater depth penetration (up to 18 inches at high resolution)
- Ability to resolve second layer of rebar (subject to spacing)
- Ability to determine slab thickness
- Ability to detect air voids, conduits and pipes (including plastic), post tension cables, etc.
- Screed does not have to be removed to map rebar in floor slabs
- Generally only one-sided access is required
Contractors of ALL trades along with engineers and architects rely on the data produced by concrete scans to:
- Clear locations for core drilling, trenching and saw cutting
- Map out rebar / wire mesh / post tension cable
- Determine slab thickness and air voids
- Utility locating of conductive and non-conductive lines